Impress the barmaid when you casually lay your hand on the bar and your massive gold ring catches the torchlight. Command respect from shopkeepers as your half-dozen silver armbands advertise your wealth. Gain an audience with the Baron when they notice your bronze medal of valor from the hand of the King himself. Everyone who's anyone wears jewels, from the mightiest ruler with his crown of nineteen rubies to a shaman with his amulets of bone; from to the roughest adventurer sporting his fortune in platinum rings and diamond buckles to the simplest goodwife who would never be seen in temple without her grandmother's earrings. Plain or expertly wrought, of polished stone or tin or electrum, tiny studs or massive chest-plates crusted with gems: all these and thousands more fabulous items await in ALL THE TREASURES OF THE WORLD: JEWELS.
This companion to ALL THE TREASURES OF THE WORLD: GEMS provides exhaustive rules for random generation of jewels and determining the value a piece, including:
- Over 50 types of jewels, from rings and necklaces to snoods, lockets, and spurs.
- Five Decor Classes, from wood and leather through platinum and gold.
- Alloys like electrum, white gold, brass, and bronze.
- Eighteen construction styles and their effects on value.
- Plating, foil, and studs in 10 different metals.
- Abstract and representational patterns, from plain to artistic masterpieces.
- More than 80 decorative motifs, from classic meanders to grinning skulls, plus variations.
- Gems: Number, value, and arrangement, from cheap pips to dazzling arrays.
- Detailed examples.
Go beyond the basics to a world of stylish, beautiful, and precious objects. Spice up your treasure rolls with JEWELS!